Residents of Sta. Ana are known for their spiritually and kindness. They are ready to help anyone more that they can afford. The town is basically a farming area, with 3,056.20 hectares of its total land area dedicated to farming.Legend & History
Sta Ana was previously known as 'Bale Pinpin,' meaning 'laid aside.' The name came about when the town lost several barrios in 1810 to Arayat, Mexico, and San Luis. It was originally part of the vast tracts of forest land, mainly bamboo groves, ranging from Apalit and Betis. As years passed more people came to settle permanently in the place and cleared the area.
The Spaniards came in the 1600s and established it as a parish in 1760. The church was built in 1836 to serve the increased number of inhabitants. The Spanish authorities named the town after its patron saint, Sta Ana.
Its 14 barrios, whose names were derived from its prominent landmark or its chieftain, were then renamed after the saints: Canukil to San Joaquin, Tinajeru to San Juan, Catmun to San Jose, Calumpang to San Pedro, Calinan to Sta. Lucia, Balen Bayu to Sta. Maria, Sepung Ilug to San Nicolas, Libutad to Santiago, Quenabuan to San Isidro,Pagbatuan to Sto. Rosario, Patayum to San Bartolome, Sumpung to San Agustin, Tuclung to San Roque, and Darabulbul to San Pablo.
When the Americans came and established a civil government, the town had very few willing taxpayers so it was made part of Arayat in 1905. Sta. Ana was only recognized officially as a separate municipality later, on January 1, 1913, through the petition of its representatives.
—Search Google's Top 10 Websites on Sta. Ana, Pampanga.
—Read Wikipedia's Entry on Sta. Ana, Pampanga.
—View Flickr's Image Slideshow on Sta. Ana, Pampanga.