Although San Simon is primarily a farming town, it attracts business and investments because of the presence of important four industrial corporations.Legend & History
Before it was founded, San Simon was divided in two parts: the southern part belongs to the town of Apalit and the northern part to San Luis. In between these two towns was a vast forest feared by travelers being the nest robbers. However, this did not hinder the families of Macapagal, Pangan, Puyat, Santos and Simbulan from settling there. After deforesting a certain portion, these families began planting different plants to supplement their food needs. When migration began, the robbers disappeared. By majority consensus, a house of worship was erected in the very center that divides Apalit and San Luis. It was named Sra. Del Pilar in honor of Mariano del Pilar, the founder.
After a century, this place became progressive. Businessmen, no longer afraid of robbers, traded with the residents. Although the residents were united spiritually, socially, culturally, and economically they were politically divided. Those residing in the northern part paid taxes to San Luis and those in the southern part to Apalit. Both sides decided to petition the then Governor General Simon de Anda Y Salazar to consider declaring it a town. In their petition, they mentioned the rich natural resources, vast track of fertile land, and bodies of water full of marine products. After careful study the Governor General approved their petition. As a token of appreciation to the Governor General's kindness, they named the town San Simon, after the Apostle Simon. In 1771, San Simon was included in the towns of Pampanga.
—Search Google's Top 10 Websites on San Simon, Pampanga.
—Read Wikipedia's Entry on San Simon, Pampanga.
—View Flickr's Image Slideshow on San Simon, Pampanga.