Located in the northwestern part of Pampanga, Porac is geographically the largest Pampanga town (343.12 square kilometers). It is 26 kilometers from the capital City of San Fernando. The town is a mineral tamping ground and primary source of granite.Legend & History
The town was founded on the slopes of the Batiauan mountain. The Augustinians arrived in 1594; they organized the Aetas of the various rancherias; three years later, the mission abandoned the place due either to lack of priests or to fear of the Zambal headhunters. In succeeding years, it was administered from the larger parish of Bacolor and later from Lubao. On September 16, 1867, due to drought-like conditions on the hills, the town transferred to its present site called 'Capatagan'(plain), near a river called 'Porag,' from which the town borrowed its name. The river, on the other hand, got its name from 'kurag' or 'purag,' a rattan plant growing near the river.
—Search Google's Top 10 Websites on Porac, Pampanga.
—Read Wikipedia's Entry on Porac, Pampanga.
—View Flickr's Image Slideshow on Porac, Pampanga.